8.02.2010

the lovers


Some time ago, John Struan from Super Punch invited a bunch of artists to create something based on/inspired by the work of author China Mieville. Since I am writing this post you've probably gathered that I was one of them. Truthfully I've never read anything by China Mieville, but a quick google search and some helpful descriptions and prompts from John made me want to participate anyway. I was especially taken by a blurb about The Lovers, a powerful couple with mirror-image scars. After I finished it I went back and re-read the description only to find that he was supposed to have a moustache. Oops. I guess he shaved?

That aside, I'm pretty happy with it. I've been having a lot of fun with patterns lately. I'll probably update this post later with some close-ups, because as always there's a lot of detail you can't really see in the full piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails