7.06.2010

skating party invitation


Guys, remember skating parties? I haven't been to one since middle school, and in all fairness I recall kind of hating them because I couldn't (and still can't) skate very well, but... skating party! How fun!

Yeah, so maybe there's a whole nostalgic fondness thing going on there. But whatever the reason, when a lovely internet acquaintance emailed me a while ago about doing an invitation for her upcoming birthday skating party, I jumped at the chance. I immediately wanted to draw a girl skating with a robot (who is modeled after Mr. Butlertron from Clone High), which I totally got to do, and it was awesome. Robots! Roller skates! Pink hair! Knee socks! Cupcake tattoo!

Super fun from start to finish.

4 comments:

  1. The Rotund posted your "Clap if you believe in Fatties" which I saved and made a note to look at your blog latter. Well, I finally got around to it and must say - "You're GREAT!" The synergy of interests from half-clad ladies, Buffy and Firefly obsession, and Poe inspirations... it's actually kinda creepy that someone shares those same interest as me. I look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snuffycup7:12 PM

    Okay seriously, you're so talented!! I loved the pieces that were posted on The Rotund and I'm so happy I finally got to see more of your work :) And you actually know what Clone High is and like it, yay!! Since I currently can't think of a design to order as a commission piece, do you have any plans to put up a shop on your site so I can buy your wonderful art?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!

    Snuffycup - I will be setting up shop! Hopefully soon. I've been meaning to get an etsy shop up and running for probably two years, but it's just never happened. I'll post about it on the blog when I do!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails