1.24.2010

untitled (girl with laptop)


I draw a lot of redheads. Can you tell I not-so-secretly yearn to be ginger?

I found the sketch for this stuck in an old sketchbook; I did it sometime early last year, on the back of a guest check at the cafe where I was working. I don't know why I never did anything with it at the time, but I'm glad I found it because I'm really happy with the finished piece. I think it might go on my new promo mailers, actually - it's cute, inoffensive, and a good representation of my style and general aesthetic. At first I was considering Cro Maggie but I'm thinking bare boobs might be something to shy away from in that context.



Here's the sketch I was working with - lots of things changed for the better, most notably the hair and the serious crazy eyes. I don't know why I had such a love affair with those manic pill-popper eyes, I really don't.

4 comments:

  1. she's got crazy eyes! (tee hee, himym)

    cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the style! :D Nice original sketch too, looks zanier with the cat and hairdo :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda this is wonderful! Love the retro look. Those jeans ROCK! Very nice work. I see the kitty didn't make the final cut :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys!

    Sarah - the real question is, where does she fall on the crazy/hot scale? Does the avoid the vicky mendoza diagonal? (Love himym!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails