11.28.2007

synonyms for beauty

Recently we were required to submit a piece to an "open call" for pieces at school. The subject was : "What is beauty?" There's really no reasoning behind this. And I'm actually 100% happy with the figure. And I'm fine with the lettering on its own. But I think it's just ended up being distracting in the end. I didn't have time to re-do it, but I'd like to at some point for my own purposes. A simpler background would serve the image better, I think.

I'm very into hatching lately. I love it. Limited color, too, in the form of black and white wash with single color accents.

Ink and watercolor on cold-press illustration board; 10'' x 10''.

2 comments:

  1. this is beautiful. very cool. i like the hatching too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails